Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Day 18: The needed rest

Fri July 12th

Miles: 0
Total:  ~163.4

Sent From:

Today was a day of needed Rest and Recovery. We took two soaks in the hot tub and dried out our gear. I bought some athletice tape to tape up my heal in hopes that this will hold back any Plantar Fasciitis flare ups in the next leg, and I tried to do some elevation and massage of the foot.

In truth though, just getting a little extra time off the foot should be good.

We were able to call in some trail magic from Train, who will be able to shuttle us from Snoqualmie Pass to Stevens Pass tomorrow. Pseudognome has his car there, and we intend to hike uptrail from the northend of this leg to catch V8 on his way out.

The rest of the journal is a long diatribe on the nature of playing too much cribbage in a 24hr period... and losing too much. Pseudognome is better than me, but don't tell him that.

The sky has cleared enough through the day that I believe V8 is getting some stunning views and I am a little jealous. Everytime I think I made the wrong choice, I remind myself that it wasn't just the rain, but also a couple old dudes with out of shape joints needing a little extra care. (But maybe I am a bit of a wimp)

V8 says:

---Due to blowdowns, creek crossings, and bad trails I can't make it to cs2425 tonight. I'm redirecting to cs2423. I plan to either make up the miles tommorow or the last day ---

No comments:

Post a Comment